Buy Bitcoins With Debit Card: Today we’re addressing one of the most asked questions in the Bitcoin industry- “ How to buy Bitcoins with Debit Card ”?
Debit Card is the most sought-after payment method for the simple fact that not all of us own a Credit Card, or a Paypal account. But a debit card? That’s something that’s owned by everyone who owns a bank account.
We recently did a piece on How to Buy Bitcoins with Credit Card, which might interest you as well, but if you’re from among the more “general” public, who still doesn’t trust the “credit” system, welcome to this piece.
So let’s get down to the topic, I’ll walk you through the exact steps of How to buy Bitcoins with Debit card on the top 5 most trusted platforms in the industry.
How to Buy Bitcoins With Debit Card (Step By Step Guide)
If you already aware any bellow gave bitcoin market sites and want to buy bitcoin from only that site then you can directly check complete step by step demo by the help of bellow given links.
Table of Content:
- Buy Bitcoins with Debit Card from Cex.Io
- Buy Bitcoins with Debit Card from LocalBitcoins
- Buy Bitcoins with Debit Card from CoinMama
- Buy Bitcoins with Debit Card from BitPanda
- Buy Bitcoins with Debit Card from Coinbase
Let’s start all five step by step demo guide for how to buy bitcoins using debit card.
Cex.Io is the other platform that makes purchasing Bitcoins using Debit card a walk in the park for you. There’s no “third-party” or “other way around” involved. They support Debit card as a payment method directly on Cex.io
Head over to the website, and simply click on Buy/Sell at the top bar.
Enter the amount of Bitcoins you wish to purchase.
Choose “Fund” account from the Popup that appears.
Click on Add a new card.
Add your card (Visa and Mastercard are supported).
You’ll need to verify your Identity for security reasons. Just complete the identification procedure.
And finally enter the CVV number of the card you’re trying to make the payment from. You’ll be charged a small amount (less than $1) for verification of the card. As soon as it’s verified, you can expect the Bitcoins to arrive in your Cex.io wallet instantly.
- Supports nearly all the countries on the planet.
- Established reputation.
- Easy to use.
- Instant Delivery.
- No third-party or Intermediary required, you buy directly from Cex.io
- Verification Required:– In order to buy Bitcoins with Debit card on Cex.io, an identity verification is a must.
- A verification charge of around (never exceeding) $1 is required.
I’ll admit, Local Bitcoins is like the ultimate Bitcoin exchange platform that has its roots planted everywhere, for every kind of BTC transaction.
It topped our list on how to buy Bitcoins with Paypal as well! So here it is again.
Head over to LocalBitcoins.com and enter the amount > currency and country from where you wish to purchase the Bitcoins.
Choose “National Bank Transfer” as the mode of Payment. Here “National” automatically indicates bank of the country you selected.
Choose any seller who meets your requirements of Bitcoins and click on buy.
Specify the amount and send in the trade request on the next page.
The trader would reply to your message, and let you know his bank details where he’s like you to pay. Once you receive those details, just make a transfer from your Bank account using your Debit card to the account specified by him.
After payment, on the right-side of the screen click on “Mark Payment Complete”.
The trader would verify the payment, and release your Bitcoins. Basically there’s nothing further you’re required to do because the Bitcoins would instantly appear in your Local Bitcoin wallet.
You can then transfer these Bitcoins to your own, separate Bitcoin wallet if you wish.
You can also choose “Paytm” (if it’s supported in your country) as your mode of payment, choose a seller who accepts Paytm, fund your Paytm account with your Debit card and send it directly and easily to the seller.
- Escrow Service:– LocalBitcoins instantly scrapes the Bitcoins from your seller, and stores them in its Escrow service as soon as you click on “Send trade request”. Once you release the payments, there’s a 100% guarantee that you get your coins.
- It’s a platform where the trust and history of a trader can be verified to great lengths. This makes sure you always know who you’re dealing with.
- Low-Fee:– They do charge a fee but its negligible compared to most other platforms offering you Bitcoin purchase using Debit card.
- No verification required.
CoinMama is yet another platform which lets you buy Bitcoins with Debit card. It’s easy, simple, and straight-forward.
The primary selling-point for CoinMama is its high limits, so if you are a bulk buyer, CoinMama is the last destination you’ll ever need in order to buy Bitcoins with Debit card.
Just head over to CoinMama, and click on Buy Bitcoins on the dashboard.
Specify the amount on the next page.
Choose “Credit/Debit Card” as the payment method.
If you haven’t verified your account yet, you’ll get the following verification prompt. So click on the “Complete your profile” link.
Fill in the details on the next page.
Once you verify the details, a popup would let you know that your verification procedure has been completed.
If you get the message, click on continue and you’ll be redirected to the page where you left. (Or if you aren’t automatically redirected, just initiate the buying process all over again, this time there won’t be any verification required).
Enter the Bitcoin address where you wish to receive the Bitcoins.
Enter your Card details on the payment page.
Done! You just bought Bitcoins with your Debit card.
- Ability to choose a Bitcoin wallet other than CoinMama’s directly while purchasing Bitcoins with a Debit card.
- Supports 99% of the Global countries.
- Good buying limit allowance:– Upto $5000/day & $20,000/month!
- Verification required to purchase Bitcoins using a Debit card.
- There’s a wait of around 10-15 minutes before the Bitcoins reflect in your wallet.
- The transaction charge is slightly higher compared to its contemporaries. (6.75% included in the listed price+ 10% additional transaction fee!)
Bitpanda is one of my favorites for the reason that it not only lets me “Buy” but sell my Bitcoins and get deposits directly to my bank account as well.
But that’s not why it’s being listed here as an option. It’s here because it lets you buy Bitcoins with Debit card instantly and easily.
Without singing the same old song time and again, let’s get down to business.
Head over to Bitpanda.com and click on “buy”.
Choose “Bitcoins” as the currency, and “Visa/Mastercard” as the payment option. And finally let them know the amount of Bitcoins you’re willing to purchase.
The next page would ask you to verify your cell phone number. This verification would grant you “Bronze” level access, letting you buy coins daily upto the limit of 1,000 EUR. (But I’d advice you to verify all the way up to the Gold level for maximum allowances and best experience!)
Once you verify your account, select VISA from the list of payment options to buy Bitcoins with Debit card.
Just confirm your transaction details on the next page.
Choose any OTP verification method as per your convenience and click on “Send SMS Pin”.
Verify the OTP
Enter the card details on the next page.
And you’re done! You’ll receive the Bitcoins instantly into your BitPanda wallet.
- Approx. 3-4% Fee! Which is much lower compared to most other brokers on this list.
- Great buying allowances.
- Easy user-interface.
- Verification required in order to to buy Bitcoins with Debit card.
- Only supports 3-D secure verified Visa and Mastercards.
Coinbase has its tagline as “Buy and Sell Digital Currency”. So that clearly indicates that they’ve made Bitcoin trade their strong suit.
Just like Cex.IO, they too eliminate the need of any third-party, and let you buy Bitcoins using Debit card directly from their own platform acting as sellers themselves.
Steps for Add Debit Card
Head over to Coinbase and click on the “”Settings” button, and then Payment method.
Click on “Add Payment Method”
Choose “Credit/Debit Card” on the popup that shows itself.
The next step will require you to verify your identity which is mandatory (If not already done!)
Once that’s done, you’ll be taken back to the “Card Details” page where you’ve got to enter your Card details.
The next screen would ask you to verify two negligible charges made to your account as a verification process to ensure that you’re the real card-holder. Enter both the amounts on the given tabs.
Once the amounts are verified, you’re done! You should get a confirmation indicating the same.
Now we can get back to the real deal of buying Bitcoins with Debit card.
Steps for buy Bitcoins
Click on the “Buy/Sell” button on your dashboard.
Specify the amount and then select the Debit card which you just added > click on Buy Bitcoins Instantly.
That’s all! The coins would get added to your Coinbase wallet instantly!
Points worth mentioning:
- Coinbase charges a fee of 3.99% on all Credit and Debit card transactions.
- Debit card transactions are instant.
- Your buying “limit” depends on your verification level. Any 100% verified US user can buy up to $50,000 USD worth of Bitcoins /day.
- Identity verification is required before you can buy Bitcoins with Debit card.
- Not great at “privacy”.
So that’s a wrap up for today folks. Hope now you’ve got a solid picture of how to buy Bitcoins with Debit card?
Once you buy your coins, make sure you move them to a secure wallet. We’ve compiled a great piece on the 15 best Bitcoin wallets in case you need a direction.
Do let me know if you’ve got any doubts still lurking around that northern hemisphere of your bodies.
If not, I’d still love to borrow your ideas on some other ways/methods/platforms which allow you to buy Bitcoins with Debit card.
The comment box is all yours.